Saturday, January 28, 2017

A Box In the Mail!

Today we received a medium sized box through the mail which was  a surprised; we hadn't ordered anything and it wasn't anyones birthday.  It had a letter taped to the box and we opened it we got a surprise. 

It was from a couple who spend a night with us.  We meet the most wonderful folks at our inn and develop some great relationships with return customers.  Once in awhile we share a single breakfast and form a special bond.  This occurred several months ago with Judy and Wade from Texas.

Their letter read: "When my husband and I were celebrating our fortieth anniversary last March, we stayed at your wonderful inn and had such  an enjoyable visit.  You  generously gave us some absolutely gorgeous iris.
We discussed my family's orange slice cake and I told you I would send you the recipe.  I apologize for the delay but I am sending you the cake and the recipe.  I hope you enjoy it as much as my family over many, many years.  My grandmother made several cakes every christmas and game them  to her many friends and relatives.  
My husband Wade loved the apple pancakes you  prepared.  They were absolutely wonderful.   Could you share the recipe with us?   Thank you for the wonderful visit.  Your's truly, Wade and Judy."


It was nice to be reminded of this nice couple and our delightful conversation over breakfast.   We certainly didn't expect receiving a cake but we're grateful for their kindness.  The cake is somewhat similar to a fruitcake but much sweeter.  Its moist, full of nuts, coconut, dates and candy orange slices.  Its  really good!  It is now on our holiday baking list.  

A THANK YOU and the recipe is on its way to Texas.  We live in a country full of wonderful people.  

1 comment:

  1. How awesome!!! Our "jobs" as innkeepers is pretty great anyway but this is really special!

    ReplyDelete